Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 226
“Chapter 226: Sage’s Corpse”
– We’ll be there. In no time.
I hope we’re able to find out the truth. Did Ever really kill Shamsheel?
– What’s wrong? (Kouya)
– Nothing. I’ve just never “investigated” a corpse. Sounds creepy just to think about it. (Takaya)
I’ve seen gruesome things, like Septe’s body after the battle with Seventh, but carefully examining a dead body?
– Well, use this opportunity to get used to it. This world is not as magical as it seems.
That’s coming from Kouya, who had to watch his friends get massacred when they found themselves in the demon world.
– To Shamsheel-san’s.
Milligan’s face twisted as soon as she finished casting the spell.
– What is it? (Kouya)
– Don’t tell me…
Once Milligan’s magic dissipated, we found ourselves not in the sage’s chamber, but above it.
By a long distance.
– It’s been a long time. Since I’ve used. Teleportation magic. Ehe, hehehe.
– YOU ARE SUCH A PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A SAGE.
– Ehe, sorry. My magic. Ran out. Help me. Please.
– Kouya, save it for later, we’re falling!
– Tch, I didn’t want to stand out.
Kouya grew two giant wings on his back and grabbed Milligan.
– Grandmaster, did you gain more weight?
– Kouya-san, don’t be rude.
– SHUT UP, HAG. Hey, half-lizard, grab Takaya.
We descended through the smoke to avoid raising any suspicion.
– Phew, that was a close call (Takaya)
– I apologize for my sage, or whatever this idiot is.
– I’m not an idiot! Heeey, stop hitting me!
– That’s a weird way of treating your Grandmaster. (Takaya)
– We’ve had a long relationship. You’ll understand how it feels one day.
– I wonder about that. Let’s go.
I have to see this with my own eyes.
– Here. It’s hard to break through. (Regda)
The hole that Mike and I went through on our first visit here was now covered in thick tree roots.
Such roots could only be created by a very powerful source of magic.
– Careful. (Kouya)
Kouya aimed his hand at the obstacles.
– Black Flame!
The roots crept back into the hole.
– …Shamsheel-san. (Milligan)
And in the center of the sage’s chamber were more tree roots extending in all directions.
Shamsheel’s body was lying above scattered tree papers tainted with her blood. Her chest had been stabbed with a silver sword.
Kouya stepped in without any regard, examining every bit he could see.
– Say, Grandmaster, the sages are incapable of using magic when they’re together, right?
– Yes. Wavelengths? Magical power? Something. I don’t know. But when we’re together. Our magic is null.
I remember hearing that from Ever before my first trip to the demon world. It must be the reason why there’s a sword going through Shamsheel’s heart.
– I can’t discern any traces of a battle. Her heart is the only injury I see. Wait, actually, she doesn’t even have a heart… Hm? (Kouya)
– What is it?
– Hmm… Something’s off… Hey, Grandmaster.
– Are the bodies of the sages fake?
Comments for chapter "Chapter 226"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.