Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 236
“Chapter 236: Surplus”
Our journey was uneventful. I expected more magical beasts to jump at us, including more divine wolves, but nothing so far.
The insects guiding Shiori suddenly stopped and hid under the snow.
– Something… Or someone… is here. Whatever it is, it’s looking at us.
– Another wolf?
– I can’t tell that much just from the bugs. Keep your heads down. I’ll go check.
– By yourself?
– I can still use some weak magic. Rabbit Foot!
Shiori disappeared from our sight, leaving only her footprints.
– …What the hell was that? (Dyke)
– Where did she go? (Meirir)
The scream of a magical beast could be heard in the distance.
The slope below us was tainted in red.
– Sorry to keep you waiting. What’s wrong? Why the face?
– W-Well, you disappeared…
– Ah, that was Rabbit Foot. It vanishes any trace of my movement. Very useful for assassinations, though it’s kind of embarrassing to admit. Hahaha.
I’m glad we’re not enemies.
What other aces does she have up her sleeve?
– Hm? Is there something on my face? (Shiori)
– N-No… (Takaya)
White beautiful cheeks. So pale that it makes me wonder if any blood is running through it. Her face has not changed at all.
In this world where I was forced to change, Shiori is still the same.
It reflects on the fact that she holds her school uniform so dearly.
How has she survived this long? How did she reach the Sage of the Clouds? How did she become powerful enough to maybe even surpass the sages?
– Do you want to know about me?
– You’ve been staring at me all this time. Can’t say I’m not used to it, though.
Shiori got close to my ear to whisper.
– I’ll tell you when we’re alone~
Now that is one change of attitude I wasn’t expecting.
– I want to know what you think. How do you assume a pretty girl like me managed to earn money by herself?
– I don’t know. I can’t imagine.
– Come on, don’t lie. I can see your mind going places.
– W-What do you mean?
– You’re cute when you blush.
Shiori giggled and kept walking. Her behavior was back to normal.
– You’re a loyal one. Idiot. (Meirir)
– Another girl?
– They’re all yours, huh? As always.
But it’s not my fault…
Something about Shiori keeps bugging me. Maybe not in a bad way, but I can’t seem to shake it off.
– Look. (Shiori)
After 10 minutes of rough walks, we finally found the cave where the bugs saw Mike.
The five of us walked in at the same time.
– Smells really bad in here.
– Maybe. But it’s a good spot to take refuge. Let’s go.
We can’t let our guard down. If Mike didn’t come back, something must be lurking in the depths of this cave.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 236"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.