Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 55
“Chapter 55: Again 2”
× × ×
– Ugh… Huh?
Takaya was standing in a classroom.
The first row in front of the teacher’s desk. Takaya’s seat is still the same.
– Come on, Akito. Get the groups done already. I have club activities.
Takaya heard a voice behind him he didn’t recognize. Probably someone from the sports club. He didn’t really care.
On the blackboard, there were groups from A to F, all filled with Takaya’s classmates. They were planning their trip to a ski lodge.
37 names written on the blackboard. The entire class, except for one.
– Nagami, just write your name wherever you want.
The class president hands Takaya a chalk and tells him to write.
But Takaya didn’t move. He couldn’t move.
He put the chalk close to group A, but he heard a groan from someone in the back. He put the chalk close to group F, but one of the girls very loudly expressed her discomfort.
– Nagami, why don’t you just put yourself in group G? You know, just by yourself. That way we can all be happy.
The classroom was filled with barely audible laughter. “Yeah!”, “Good idea”. Shut up, shut up, shut up, he thought.
But Takaya couldn’t utter a single word.
He only looked at the class and giggled awkwardly.
– …What is this?
This is a dream. With memories from the previous world that Takaya thought he had sealed away.
Why, though? Why was he dreaming about these bunch of idiots? Did he not forget about them already?
– Ah, right.
He slowly got more lucid and started remembering.
– I’m going back to square one, aren’t I?
× × ×
I woke up after being violently thrown to the ground.
Where am I?
I tried to find an answer with the little vision I had.
Akito stunned me and dragged me somewhere. I remember that much. The effects of his attack are still lingering. I can’t move as well as I’d like to.
– Stop squirming. My lightning magic is at Level VII. If I had to guess an estimate, you probably won’t be able to move for the next 3 days.
He’s talking about Levels. They finally know how skills work.
– Where are we?
– This is our hideout. We need money. A lot of it. So we’re saving up here.
I could barely move my mouth and eyes. The only thing I could sense was the dim light of a lamp and the smell of ground.
We seem to be inside a cave.
Using a cave as a base lets them have complete control of the territory. They know where and how to move.
But why stay here to save money? Could they not just stay in a city or move somewhere better?
There can only be one reason.
– Harukawa, don’t tell me you guys have resorted to looting.
– Hahaha! Quick on the uptake, Nagami!
Harukawa laughed like a little kid.
– But, you know? It’s their fault too. The people from this world always had an unfair advantage. We’re just getting back what we deserve.
They’ve been stealing rare ingredients and products from their prey.
That’s the best way they have to get easy money.
– Food wasn’t an issue, but our money was slipping away very quickly. We couldn’t afford armor to protect ourselves or potions to heal the wounded.
– So you became bandits? Harukawa, is that what you tell yourself to feel better?
– Yeah. Is it bad?
I don’t know what happened to him these past few months. Frankly, I don’t care.
But this Akito is different.
The stress from living in another world has worn him out mentally and physically.
– Harukawa, why did you bring me here?
– I told you. We want you to rejoin us. Use your skills to help us out.
– I refuse.
I’ll say it as many times as I have to.
My body might be paralyzed, but my common sense isn’t.
– I’m part of Searat now. I’d never join a group of bandits like yours.
– Heeeh… Big talk for someone laying on the ground unable to move. How long do you think you’ll be able to keep up the tough act? Suetsugu, your turn.
At Akito’s words, another one of my classmates came out of the shadows.
– Hey. It’s been some time, Nagami-kun. You’ve been a mischievous little guy, eh?
– Yo. I like that expression. You’ve changed. Ah, this will be fun.
– W-What are you doing with that!?
Suetsugu was holding Silver in front of my eyes.
– Well, well. Shall we begin the punishment, Nagami-kun?
With as little strength as I had, I firmly gripped the talisman Ever gave me.
The real test was about to begin.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 55"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.