Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 16
– Do I think humans can fly? Not really…
Of course they can’t. Even if you used magic, you probably wouldn’t even reach the sky. And I don’t think that’s what the topic at hand is headed towards.
– Right? We humans don’t have such things as wings. Only those living beings that were already born with ways to fly can do it.
Mitta pulls out a paper and draws a human gazing enviously at a flying bird.
– It’s a bit of an extreme example. The point is, there are things you can naturally do, and things you just can’t do. Are you following so far?
– I guess
Effort. That word was thrown around very often in my original word. But in the end, you needed talent.
There was no one dumber than people who would claim you could get anything with just effort. You can only get so far by trying hard. At some point, you’ll need talent to surpass others.
Talent only exists due to effort.
– Takaya, I don’t know what country you came from, or what education you received. But in this world, you need skills. Without them, you can’t do anything.
Mitta started drawing again. It looked like she was drawing… flowers and a cup?
I don’t know if she’s aware, but her drawings aren’t exactly the best. Next to the drawings, she wrote “Medicinal Herb 1”, “Medicinal Herb 2”, and “Mixing Pot”.
– Alright, one last question. Imagine this scenario. Someone is trying to make a Potion 3 using these ingredients. They already know the recipe, so they just have to pulverize them. They then mix it with water and heat it up. No need for any magic. Do you think the Potion 3 will be successfully crafted? By the way, the person doing this has no skills at all.
As long as you know the recipe… you should be able to.
Of course you should. If it’s just pulverizing and mixing even a monkey would be able to do it.
So I answered without thinking about it too much.
– Hehehe~ Sorry, Takaya. You’re wrong.
Mitta wrote “Pulverize Medicinal Herb 1 with Medicinal Herb 2 and mix with water”.
– That should make a Potion 3, right?
– Wrong. It won’t work. If it was someone with the skill for it, they would be able to transform the ingredients into an actual potion.
– So you need the skills to make it work…
– Exactly. I thought this was common sense anywhere in the world though~
Mitta seemed to have some doubts.
Maybe this world is simply like that.
I’m once again left thinking about how the laws and common sense of my original world don’t apply here in the slightest.
– Mitta-san, I have a question. But it’s not a pretty one.
– Hm? Do you want to ask about my measurements? I can at least tell you the middle one. I’m poor so at least my body is thin.
– Oh, no, it’s not that.
So she says, but I’m sure she would be able to beat me. Anyways, this is a serious question.
– As long as you don’t ask me to reveal a lady’s secret. What is it?
– Do you need a skill to commit suicide?
Mitta’s body tensed at my straightforward question.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 16"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.