Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 17
– Uhm… Well- Uhh…
Mitta’s cheerful expression clouded after hearing the question.
At the same time, she slowly moved away from me. I tilted my head trying to decipher what happened.
– M-Mita-san? What’s wrong? Did I say something weird?
– W-Well, jumping into a topic like suicide so suddenly is kind of…
At that moment I realized my mistake.
I’m still wondering why my suicide attempt failed that night. When I told Meirir and the others about what happened the night they found me they just laughed at me.
All the information from this lecture left me thinking that maybe I need to meet a condition to inflict a lethal injury to my wrists. I just wanted to confirm it.
Of course, I’m not planning on ending my life anymore.
But Mitta doesn’t know that. She doesn’t even know the circumstances that led to me asking that. It’s understandable that she was so shaken.
– Sorry! I just asked out of curiosity. I’m not actually planning on dying or anything. I’m, uhh… enjoying every day of my life!
– O-Oh, is that so? Well, it’s fine I guess. But don’t scare me like that. You’ll make me worry.
Mitta let out an annoyed sigh and then flicked my forehead. It hurt, but it’s what I get for starting this misunderstanding.
If there’s such thing as Communication Skills, I’d be Level 0 for sure.
– Anyways, going back to my question…
– We are NOT going back to it! Listen here, Takaya. You got some really weird interests. If you insist that you don’t have a death wish I guess I could answer it. It’s just… It’s such a weird question. I’ve never stopped to think about it.
Mitta grabbed a paper and drew a person on it. It seems she has a habit of drawing when she’s deep in thought.
– If you throw yourself down a cliff, you don’t need a skill for it, right? Uhh… What else? I guess you could try to get yourself killed by some thugs in an alley. Ah, but you’d probably need Negotiation Skills for that. Cutting yourself… Uh, I guess if you have the right tools.
The usually composed Mitta was struggling to find an answer.
She was reluctant to answer at first but now she’s trying her best to come up with a satisfying response. She’s the most suited person to be a receptionist.
– The answer is Yes and No. Are you happy with that? What a dumb question.
Suddenly someone else’s voice answered my question.
The voice belonged to Feria, the guild’s vice president. Apparently, she got the stuff she needed. Behind her were Meirir and the others carrying something that looked like a large scroll.
– Welcome back, vicepres.
– Thank you. By the way, where’s Rudra? Seems like he’s not around here.
– He said he was going to meet someone and then left. I wonder who he was meeting with. Maybe it’s a lover!? How dare he! Even though he has a vice president for himself-Owie!
– Stop it with your idiotic delusions and get back to work already.
While Mitta was daydreaming in her fantasy world, a small lump of air passed by my side and hit her forehead.
I didn’t see anything flying by, so it was probably magic. Feria is an elf, so it wouldn’t be weird for her to be able to use wind magic.
And apparently, everyone else is aware of Rudra and Feria’s weird relationship.
– Takaya, we’re gonna see your true potential. This place is too small, let’s go outside.
– Understood. I’ll be there in a second. See you, Mitta-san! I’m sorry for the weird question.
– Don’t sweat it. More importantly, the vice president is going to test you? Good luck man. If you become one of us, make sure to bring a lot of work so I can get paid.
Mitta-san said something so terrible with such a happy face.
Will I be worked to death if I join this guild? While thinking that, I was also remembering that somber night. I’m glad I didn’t die.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 17"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.