Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 18
“Roots of the Big Tree”
At Feria’s instructions, some people came out of the staff room to begin the preparations.
– Aaahh~ Been a long time since I’ve seen these bad boys. I forgot how big they were. (Meirir)
Across the garden in the guild grounds were big tree papers spread around. From the way Meirir is talking I assume she has used them before.
Come to think of it, I still don’t know what the trio’s skills are.
By her figure, I assume Meirir is a healer. Dike is good with swords and martial arts. Pretty much anything that’s close range. But he still seems slightly unskilled sometimes. Roar is… whatever. He’s not very useful. But he’s the leader for a reason, so he has to have a good skill.
– All living beings are born with a skill. There are things we can and cannot do. We spend our lives growing and learning, but we’re still unsure about the skills that rest deep within ourselves. Are they related to our race? Social standing? Lineage? Friends? There could be many reasons.
I was listening intently to Feria’s explanation.
What she’s saying also applies to my original world. Every day you would go to school even if you didn’t want to, you would choose something to graduate on, and then you’d find a job that you don’t really like in order to live your life.
Of course, there are a few that discover their talent way earlier and are able to make fortunes off of it.
Even if your talent would be widely renowned, if you make the wrong choices you’re done.
You have to let talent and skill bloom equally.
How unfair for the world to be like that.
– So our ancestors thought about a way to discover skills as early as possible.
– And they came up with this tree paper?
– Yes. Although it’s made from extremely expensive material, so it’s very rare. They probably didn’t even know about them in wherever you’re from.
If only there was a version of this tree paper in the other world. I don’t think I would’ve survived long, but at least I would’ve avoided making pointless efforts.
– Vice president, everything is ready.
– Alright, thank you.
After getting the thumbs up from Roar, Feria pushed my back.
– Takaya, just like last time. Place your hand in the circle and don’t move. The paper will drain your energy, but don’t worry. You can get it back with a day of sleep.
– You can also consider it a day off of work. (Roar)
– Shut up and start it already. Some of us have important matters to take care of in the guild.
– Alright, fine.
As told by Feria, I put the palm of my hand on the center of the tree paper.
Suddenly, a feeling of feverish heat assaulted my hand.
– Don’t take your hand off. It’s just like a needle, you’ll get used to it.
Actually, it hurts more than just a needle. It feels like a lethal injection.
Just as I was about to yell that back, I was distracted by the alteration in the paper.
That’s all I could say.
– Wow, what is with this guy!?
– Mhm, just like the vicepres said… No, maybe even better.
Everyone had different reactions. But they all shared the same shocked expression.
– Uh, Feria-san, what’s the result? What’s my skill?
I could only see what looked like a bunch of roots and branches covering the bottom half of the paper.
– Takaya, this… Your skill is…
Feria’s voice was slightly quivering.
– Manufacturing. The power of production. Also known as The Roots. You could master it all.