Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 164
“Chapter 164: Akane’s Parents”
Soon after following the path Michihi told me about, I found a small house.
It’s a bit separated from the village, and the building is a bit more modern than the houses back there.
– Huh? Is that…
As I approached the house, I saw Souji standing at the door.
– Takaya!? What did you come here for?
– I was told I would find Akane here.
– She is currently out doing some tasks.
– Can I wait here?
– She… told me to ask you to leave if you were to come.
*Sigh*, of course she did.
– I don’t care. I’ll wait here until she’s back.
I sat down on a nearby spot.
– How selfish. This was Akane-sama’s order. I ask that you obey.
The moment Souji took a step forward, the sword I’m carrying started shining and the air around us became just as cold as it was when I arrived at the island.
– Don’t worry. He’s not an enemy.
The environment returned to normal, and Souji’s feet that had been frozen were free.
– So that’s Moonflower. What a terrific display of power.
– Its name is Moonlight now.
By the way, Moonlight controls its magic so that the cold doesn’t affect me. It has sworn absolute loyalty to me.
Feels more like another pet rather than a sword.
– Now, if I may, I’ll wait here until Akane-san is back. I’m not leaving this island without talking to her.
– Ugh… B-But…
Unable to think about what to do, Souji stood there, confused.
– Souji, let him in.
The door opened, and a voice similar to Akane’s came out.
– Madam, are you sure?
– Yes, he says it’s fine.
– If you wish.
Souji bowed to me and led me inside.
– Welcome, Takaya-san. Sorry if it’s a bit cramped in here.
– Not at all. Please excuse me.
Two futons were laid out in the middle of the room. A married couple sitting on them.
The husband was missing both legs from the knees, and the wife was missing both arms from the elbows.
Both of them were smiling at me.
– So you are Takaya-san. We’ve heard about you from Akane. You look just like us but without the horns.
– Yes, uhh…
– Ah, sorry. I’m Tsubakibaru Yuri. Thank you for taking care of our daughter. This is my husband, Rokurou. His throat was crushed in an accident, so I speak for him. “Akane didn’t mention how handsome and strong you look! What a gentle pair of eyes…” he says, I think.
Rokurou nodded at Yuri’s words.
– We heard the news from mom. You’re the one that graced our island with sunlight. We can’t thank you enough.
– Please, you don’t have to.
– We do. It’s the least we can do.
– Mother! Father!
Akane barged in and stopped her parents from bowing.
– You really don’t have to! Look, he’s troubled too.
– What are you talking about? YOU are the one who should be thanking him the most.
Akane gripped her parents’ clothes and sunk her face in their chests.
– Takaya-san, that sword you have…
– It used to be Moonflower. I suppose it’s the reason why you two ended up in that state.
– !? TAKAYA!? (Akane)
– Moonlight has been feeling the intent to kill from the both of you ever since we entered.
– Haha, I guess it wasn’t hard to tell. But you’re wrong. This was entirely our fault.
– Stop it, Akane. This kid deserves to know the truth.
Yuri began telling me the story about their failure.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 164"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.