Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 199
“Chapter 199: Minagami Shiori”
Minagami Shiori was the class president along with Akito. Always standing in his shadow, acting like the pretty girl of the class.
Not that I cared. I was too busy trying to avoid being bullied every day of my life to acknowledge her existence.
Pretty or not, to me she was just another bystander that watched me get humiliated by the others.
I wasn’t moved by this reunion. Only surprised.
– So… You’re alive. (Takaya)
– Somehow, yes. Although I’m not sure about the other girls I escaped with…
Minagami cast down her gaze.
I can more or less guess the situation by the tears dripping on the floor.
The fact that she’s alongside Arueetel means that she must be extremely talented.
– Arueetel. (Shiori)
– Right. I’m interested in your relationship, but I’ll stay out of it for now.
– I’ll be waiting at the boat. I’ll let the leader know about your situation. Takaya, Rotta, one day we’ll meet again. I’m sure of it.
Arueetel disappeared, leaving the three of us alone.
I had a lot of questions to ask her, but I guess it can wait until next time.
– Should I leave too? This seems like a sensitive matter. (Rizerotta)
– …Right. Could you please take Mike and-
Mike has been pretty docile lately, but this is the first time in a long time that she has clung so tightly to my arm.
– Nagami-kun, who is that?
– Her name is Mike. I took care of her when she was sick. She might be young but she’s strong. She’s also part of the tribe of the divine wolves.
– I know them! They live in Snowpeak if I recall correctly.
Snowpeak is the name of a sky-high mountain in the Sage’s Forest. Mike got separated from the pack and that’s when we found her.
– Hello, Mike-chan. My name is Shiori! I’m a friend of your master… Or maybe I should say I’m an acquaintance.
– …I don’t think she likes me.
– Sorry about that. She might be a bit too attached to me.
– On the contrary, I think that’s a good thing. Besides, I was “one of those” for you.
Shiori bent her knees and put her forehead on the floor, tears streaming down her eyes.
– I’m so sorry, Nagami-kun. I failed you. I’m the worst.
– I-It’s fine… Raise your head, please.
– I can’t. No apology would be enough for my behavior. I could’ve talked Akito out of it, I could’ve gotten the teachers involved, but I was always too scared of what the others would think of me.
At the very least, her reasoning is understandable. She wouldn’t have been able to do anything just by herself.
It’s not like she was laughing and pointing fingers at me while Shunichi bullied me.
– I feel so disgusted by myself. Even in another world, I’m only capable of thinking about apologizing and running away. No wonder no one likes me.
– That’s enough.
This isn’t like her. In fact, it’s the complete opposite of classroom Shiori.
She could be telling the truth, or she could be acting.
– Mike, please, could you leave us alone for just a few minutes?
– No. I’ll stay by your side.
Mike went from being wary behind me to transforming into a wolf and being ready to attack.
Does she sense that much danger from Shiori? Is it because she smells like Akito and Shunichi?
– Nagami-kun, how much does she know about us?
– I’ve told her a little bit. The less she knows, the better.
– I see. I will excuse myself for now, then. Have this. Call me if you ever need help.
Shiori handed me a letter with an address.
Sending a familiar to this address would instantly signal my need for help.
– Takayaa~ Are you done yet? We gotta go~ (Meirir)
– Yeah, I’m going. Minagami-san, we’ll finish this talk another time.
– Yes. Just the two of us. I look forward to it.
She seems friendly for now…
But can I really trust her? Especially considering Mike’s reaction?
Note: Hey pals! Now that the Seventh battle is over, I’ll take a week to catch up with chapters since I’m a wee bit behind. Daily chapters will be back next Friday (22/07 10:00~11:00 PST). Thank you for reading!
Comments for chapter "Chapter 199"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.