Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 20
At night, after everyone had finished their jobs and the guild was closed, Searat gathered in a nearby bar.
Glowing orange lamps illuminate the place, creating a lively atmosphere. The place was near a harbor, so some of the men were close to the sea talking about their day.
Smiles were stuck on everyone’s faces as I heard the constant clinking of glasses.
These were all my new companions.
– Well everyone, let the party begin! The costs are covered by the guild but don’t go overboard. You’re supposed to be working tomorrow.
The vice president Feria took the lead for the toast.
Usually in these situations it would be up to Rudra, the guild leader, to do the honors. However, Rudra started drinking before the party started. He was now busy hugging Feria’s waist and rubbing his cheeks on her thighs.
Feria pinched Rudra’s face with all her might, but he couldn’t stop smiling anyways.
I don’t think he’s gonna get into business mode anytime soon.
– Yoo Takaya, make sure not to overdo it with the alcohol like last time. Get what I’m sayin? (Meirir)
– Oh, yeah… Sorry again.
– Naah don’t sweat it. If you didn’t do that we wouldn’t have met. Eeeverything is A-OK buddy.
I kind of share that feeling.
That time had I had a place to throw myself from…
Or a rope to hang…
I was supposed to disappear, both from the last world and this world.
But now I feel different. I’m not alone anymore.
– Well then. Cheers! (Feria)
– Cheers! (Everyone)
– C-Cheers… (Takaya)
At Feria’s signal, Meirir, Dike, Roar, Mitta, and everyone else started drinking. Takaya, as overwhelmed as he was, took a sip too.
I’m still not used to it, but being part of a group like this… it’s not bad.
The taste of the alcohol was bitter. But maybe, one day, I’ll come back exhausted from an adventure with my friends. That day, the beverages might taste better.
– Tehee. Takaya, I hope you enjoy your stay~ If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to ask. There are so many things I gotta teach you~ (Mitta)
Mitta suddenly hugged my arm.
Searat had many receptionists, but today Mitta was here in representation of the guild.
Since the party was held on such short notice, there were only 7 of us here right now including me, but other members of the guild were scattered around.
For someone as shy as me, suddenly being surrounded by so many friends was a bit exhausting.
– HEY! Mitta! What do you think you’re doing!? I was the one who found Takaya first. It’s my duty as her guardian to take care of the lil’ guy. (Meirir)
For some reason, Meirir came running to hug my other arm. They’ve barely drunk anything yet their faces are fully reddish.
– Uhh… I will… make sure to ask around if I need anything. (Takaya)
– No! I’ll be the one to educate you~ (Meirir)
– What in the world are you talking about? *I* am the most qualified to help him. Right, Takaya? My lectures were so easy to understand~ (Mitta)
Somehow I ended up in the middle of a big issue.
They’re likely too drunk to notice, but they’ve been glued to my body for so long that I’ve started to… “react”.
(It might not look like it from their dresses… but they do have some… Stop! What am I thinking!?)
I shook my head violently to prevent any weird delusions.
– Hey, Dike, Roar, can I get some help?
– HUH??? (Dike and Roar)
– Uhh, nothing. Nevermind.
I tried asking for help, but my wishes were strongly rejected.
Two of the women were fighting over Takaya, and the other one had been stomping Rudra for a while now. Dike and Roar had no option but to talk between themselves.
I apologized internally.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 20"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.