Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 222
“Chapter 222: The Two at Dawn 2”
I don’t recall having anything special to talk about with Roar.
Even if we did, Meirir and Dyke would often barge into the conversation.
Roar isn’t really the type of person to show his thoughts openly to others.
Given the occasion, I followed Roar to the closest bath.
– I’m surprised you managed to steal the herbs. I didn’t know you could do stuff like that.
– You say that because you have no idea about my past. Well, Dyke and Meirir don’t know the details either.
Roar opened his clenched fist and showed me a bronze coin I had in my bag. Had.
– It’s experience. I learned from watching the boss, but I can’t even compare to that level.
He’s probably not talking about Rudra when he mentions a “boss”.
– I was somewhat of a rascal when I was younger. The Fifth District taught me everything I know about pickpocketing.
…The Fifth District?
– As a kid, I was able to learn anything so long as I tried. Magic, manual labor, studying, anything. My parents would always praise me.
– …You don’t seem like a bad person to me.
– Hold on, let me finish. I could do it all.
Everyone starts from the same place. Level I. No matter the path.
– I could do it all, but incompletely.
In game terms, it would be as if after reaching a level on different aspects, the experience bars wouldn’t go up anymore.
– I thought I would live my entire life in a dark guild. That’s when Rudra found me. The clients were my own parents. You can imagine the earful I got.
One day, when I was meddling with documents in Rudra’s office, I found out that Searat used to be a guild focused on disbanding gangs and dark guilds when the president was still young.
– He literally beat some sense into my head and brought me to Searat. I never wanted to be an adventurer. I was waiting for the right moment to run away.
– Do you still think like that?
– Nope. Actually, if I was gone, you’d have to put up with Dyke and Meirir by yourself. And you’d be the next in line to be president. Would you like that life?
– …I think I’ll pass on that.
My life sounds like hell if Roar wasn’t there.
Even without a proper talent, he’s an indispensable part of our lives.
– I know I’ve been rambling about myself, but here’s my question. What the hell are you up to?
What does he want to know? How much should I tell him?
I can’t possibly blurt out all the stuff about being from another world.
I don’t want to get him involved in anything troublesome.
– I don’t really care if you can’t tell me. The moment Meirir found you I knew something was up with you.
– …I’m sorry.
– I told you, I don’t care. Everyone has a skeleton in their closet. That includes you and me.
– Then why did you tell me-
– I don’t know, okay? I guess I wanted you to trust me. Remember, I’m the leader of you three. I know I’m not as powerful as Mike, Mumuruu, or Akane-chan, but I still want to help you as much as I can.
– Never forget. I’ll always have your back, Takaya.
Roar got out of the bath and went back to his room.
– …I’m sorry. I really am. (Takaya)
Comments for chapter "Chapter 222"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.