Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 229
“Chapter 229: Frozen World 2”
A Grenbenni, the mushroom that almost killed Mike when we first found her.
It grows in the Sage’s Forest. I was right to assume I could find some here too.
– Hey hey, we’ll die if we eat that.
– Correct. Depending on the amount you eat it could kill you either in a few minutes or at most 3 hours.
Meirir and Dyke were looking at me terrified.
The very moment the mushroom touches the tongue, the poison travels across the entire body, burning the stomach as if the person had ingested a fireball and eventually causing death.
I actually tried it myself once for an experiment. It was not a pleasant experience. Akane got really mad at me that day.
– Don’t worry. The poison is what causes death. If I can single it out we’ll be able to warm ourselves.
This is a very risky approach, but it’s all I can think of.
– Do you have the ingredients to do that?
– I don’t.
Everything is back at the workshop. I only have Silver with me.
But if I don’t have them, I’ll make them myself.
I can use my magic as a substitute for the necessary components as long as I know what I’m creating. I just need to focus and make sure not to mess up. My magic circuits might be at risk again.
– …Breathe in… and out… (Takaya)
Thanks to Akane’s training I was able to successfully create anything the size of a candy ball without having to overexert myself.
– …Do we ask?
– I don’t know.
– Maybe not.
Come to think of it, this is the first time these three have seen me do this.
I can’t tell if they’re amazed or confused.
Using Silver, I isolated the poisonous component of the Grenbenni into a bottle and saved it just in case.
I put a drop of my newly made mixture on my tongue to see the results. A sensation of heat gradually followed.
Success… I think?
– I guess it could be considered a Heat Potion. It won’t make you feel rejuvenated, it’ll likely do the opposite.
Without any hesitation, I drank the potion in one go.
My insides slowly started heating up. It’s the first time I’ve felt like this, but it’s not painful.
– You try it too.
– Right. (M/D/R)
The three of them drank the potion.
Their physical condition seemed totally fine.
– Takaya, come here. You two too.
Following Meirir’s orders, we huddled together to keep each other warm.
There was a glimpse of sunlight for a second, but it was instantly covered by the gray gloom.
– Are we all okay? (Takaya)
– Yeah. If anything, I’m a bit hot.
– How are you? You can come closer to me if you want (Meirir)
We’re saved, and we have spare time to think about what to do. Our party has become much more resilient ever since we started going on adventures.
– Are you sure it was a good idea to send Mike-chan by herself? I know she won’t freeze, but still…
Considering Mike’s strength I shouldn’t be worrying, but I can tell it’s been about 15 to 20 minutes since she left.
She should’ve been back already.
* Z u n n *
– Hm? Hey, look, it’s Mike.
Dyke pointed at the silhouette of a wolf slowly coming closer to us.
– Aaahh, you had us worried! Come her-Mmnmnmn!?
– Meirir-san, keep quiet. (Takaya)
I immediately covered Meirir’s mouth.
– That’s not Mike.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 229"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.