Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 238
“Chapter 238: Mike’s Decision”
– Mike’s mother?
– That’s right. Can’t you see how similar we are? I gave birth to this child.
With the obvious difference of wolf ears and a tail, they’re the living image of each other.
– And this is my husband, Leonis. Misha has the blood of a human and a divine wolf.
Leonis didn’t utter a single word. He simply stared at me.
– That’s why she’s able to switch between human and wolf forms. Something out of a fantasy world, don’t you think?
Shiori was ready to slit the wolf’s throat.
– Stop. (Takaya)
– Takaya. (Shiori)
– I want to talk to Falme-san.
– Takaya, you would be dead right now if I wasn’t here.
– Even if we were looking for Mike, we intruded in their territory in the first place. I just want to hear what Falme-san has to say.
– We guarantee your safety here. Of course, the safety of your friends down there too. (Falme)
As expected, they have full control of everything going on here.
Meirir and the others are technically hostages right now. Falme could order the wolves to kill them if she wanted to.
I walked up to Mike, ignoring the stare of all the other wolves.
– I’m sorry I took so long to get here.
– No, I’m sorry I didn’t go back.
Mike’s trembling gradually subsided the closer I got.
– …You seem to have taken good care of her.
– Yes. She’s a wonderful girl. The people in town love her too.
Mike has been recognized by the citizens of Bay Road as “The Mascot of the City”. Everyone has taken a liking to her.
I have to take her back.
But for that, I have to convince her parents.
– No. I cannot let her go once again.
– Because you’re family?
– Family must live together. Is that not the natural course?
– Then why did you abandon her? Did you know that she was on the verge of death when I found her?
– That seems to be the case. I heard so from Misha herself. But it was inevitable.
What the hell is she talking about?
Does she actually give a damn about her daughter?
– Let’s talk about it. Divine wolves very rarely show themselves in front of humans. Obviously there are exceptions, but for the most part, they live peacefully on this mountain.
Sure enough, Mike is the first divine wolf I ever saw before coming to Snowpeak.
– As you can tell, they hate any other species. If not for my husband, I would’ve been killed too.
Falme then explained how she met Leonis.
Originally a magician from a certain country’s army, Falme was defeated by a divine wolf when collecting materials from Snowpeak under the king’s orders.
Running away and ready to accept her fate, she found Leonis, who saved her life.
Leonis took care of Falme without the rest of the wolves knowing. They kept talking more and more, and eventually, Mike was born.
A beautiful story had it ended there, but such was not the case.
– One of the wolves found out about us. They despised the egoistical humans, so they attacked us. We got separated while escaping.
And then Akane and I found Mike during my training.
– As I said, it was inevitable. After the turmoil settled down, we looked for Misha everywhere.
By that time, Mike was already in Bay Road with us.
– That’s my story. I hope you understand the circumstances.
It seems too good to be true, but there’s nothing to argue.
I don’t want to let go of Mike. Not as a guild member, but as family.
– Mike, what do you want?
Mike looked back and forth between her family and the man that saved her life.
She’s still a child at heart. It’s natural for her to be confused.
Mike took a step towards Falme.
– I’m sorry. I want to be with my master.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 238"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.