Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 243
“Chapter 243: Takaya’s Strange Occurrence”
I wasn’t back in my senses, yet I could see the back of a girl in front of me.
In the other world, I could only see her back, never her face. She was always facing forward or surrounded by a crowd.
What did her face look like back then?
Shiori turned to face me and reached out her hand.
I could barely make out what she said.
Why is she thanking me? I haven’t been able to repay her for all she’s done for us.
I took a step forward, but she kept moving further and further away.
“Thank you, Nagami-kun. I’ll take this”
What? What does she mean?
Light was pulling me back to reality.
Where am I? What happened to the ice block that was about to crush me?
– Master, are you okay? (Mike)
– Mike? Yeah, I feel normal.
– I’m glad to hear that.
– Where is everyone else?
– Meirir and the others are over there, except for…
– …I see.
I can’t bring myself to believe that someone as strong as Shiori would die like that.
Still, a sense of guilt lingers inside me.
– Where are we? Is this the inside of a tree?
I could tell by the smell of wood and earth. Even with people inside, there’s still a huge amount of space.
– This is my place. I couldn’t just throw you into the snow.
– Are you…
– Leonis. The father of that girl. The real one.
– I see. So that was an illusion.
– My wife sadly passed away when she gave birth to this girl. I was still a young man, leader of the pack. Everything you saw there was just a show made by that magician.
I’m sure this is the real Leonis. His silver fur had lost most of its magnificence, and his eyes showed much more tenderness.
– Snowpeak is awfully chaotic today. I wonder what the hell the Sage of the Forest is up to.
– Wait, do you know her?
– I do, but I doubt she knows me. She made a gravesite at the top of the mountain, and I promised we would lend her our help if she ever needed it.
– …A gravesite?
As much as I would like to keep asking Leonis questions about this place, we need to get out of here as soon as possible.
Even if we want to look for Shiori we’re going to need Mumuruu’s and Akane’s help.
– Leonis-san, thank you so much for your help. If I could ask one more favor, could you take us to the Sage’s Forest? We’ll make do from there.
– I would prefer to leave you in the snow waiting for you to freeze, but I owe you my daughter’s life. I can at least do that much.
– Don’t you care that I’m taking Mike with me?
– I was unable to protect my daughter. I’m a failure. If my daughter wishes to go with you, I have no right to object.
– …You heard him. (Takaya)
– Thank you, dad! (Mike)
Mike hugged her father.
– Takaya… That’s a friendly wolf, right? (Meirir)
Meirir and the others came out of the shadows.
– Are any of you injured? (Takaya)
– I’m doing fine. I hit my head a little bit while escaping the cave but I don’t think it’s anything seriou-… Huh? (Meirir)
A droplet of blood fell from Meirir’s forehead.
– I knew it. Let me make a potion for you.
– Thank you. (Meirir)
Huh? The ingredients are in my hand. Why is it not working?
– What’s wrong? (Mike)
– Nothing. Nothing should be wrong…
I closed my eyes to focus.
This is something as natural as breathing for me.
Especially because it’s so natural I realized immediately that something was off.
– I can’t… My powers are gone!?
Comments for chapter "Chapter 243"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.