Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 269
“Chapter 269: The Origin of the Six Sages 2”
The little boy opened his eyes. He was in a different world.
The world he knew was very small, with white walls, a white ceiling, and a white bed. His arms were connected to several tubes, and all he could hear were electronic sounds.
He was alone all the time, except for the occasional visitor dressed in white that would come to check on him.
He couldn’t tell if he was dead or alive.
But one day, a violent tremor shook him off.
“IT’S AN EARTHQUAKE!”
Someone yelled that before the boy’s ears started buzzing.
His barely stable consciousness faded after the ceiling collapsed and fell on him.
When he came back to his senses, he was in a cold world.
– I’m freezing…
There were no bedsheets around. He had to do something to protect himself from the cold.
The boy realized something.
– My body doesn’t hurt… Why?
He had been afflicted by a terrible disease all his life. He didn’t know its name, but the most insignificant movement caused tremendous pain in his body.
And now he was able to walk around freely.
– I need to heat up…
Something warm… A blanket? A warm drink?
No. He needed to start a fire first.
But with what tools?
The boy opened his hand, and something incredible happened.
– Woah! Fire!? What!?
A fireball had been ignited on his palm.
– Did I… do that?
Hesitating, he tried once again.
But this time, he wanted something better.
He imagined a campfire he had once when his illness wasn’t as crippling.
– …I did it…
Somehow, he was able to start a fire.
He kept looking at the palm of his hand.
No physical changes, but he was sure something was different.
Ultimately, even though he was scared of those changes, he decided to crouch near the fire.
And thus, the boy overcame the extreme temperature. But that wasn’t his only obstacle. He had to create weapons and armor to defend himself from different beasts that roamed around.
Swords, armor, and a shield. He had heard of those in stories.
Of course, he didn’t know how to use them. And there was no one around to help him.
– …But what if…
Through trial and error, the boy created living beings.
– And so, he gave life to his weapons. The first one was Shamsheel, the gauntlets. Then the armor Diine, the helmet Milligan, the boots Rifaiv, the sword Ernika, and me, the shield. I was the youngest one. (Ever)
– The Creator did an amazing job. Though I still wonder why he created you. (Rifaiv)
– Hehe. I’m the. Oldest one. Here. (Milligan)
– And you. What was he thinking? (Rifaiv)
– Eeeh!? (Milligan)
Not that it’s surprising at this point, but from what I’m hearing, this “Creator” reincarnated in this world just like Kouya and me.
His abilities are a huge question mark.
Pretty much anyone could make a small fire, but creating the sages is on a whole new level.
He was able to create anything just from an image in his mind.
If anyone deserves the title of “Demonic Creator”, it would be him.
– Details aside, that’s how our story began. We would always fight with each other… (Ever)
– “We”? I seem to remember you and Shamsheel being the reason why we can’t use magic near each other. (Rifaiv)
– B-But. It was. Fun. We traveled a lot. We laughed. We cried. We got angry.
It didn’t last for long, however.
Before leaving Snowpeak, I was able to see the grave where he was soundly sleeping.
– None of us know what happened, but we assume that the Creator was paying with his own life whenever he used his abilities.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 269"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.