Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 270
“Chapter 270: The Origin of the Six Sages 3”
Three years after the seven of them had begun traveling around the world, the Creator started feeling unwell.
First, he started to forget the most obvious things. Then, his eyesight deteriorated.
He had noticed the changes in his body much before the sages did, but he pushed himself every day.
“I thought I’d be a burden to all of you if I was unable to use my powers” was the response the Creator gave to them.
– According to him, he had been alone up until he got his powers. His parents told him he was nothing but a waste of air.
I can relate to the feeling in a way.
– And then he… His lifespan ended. We buried him at the top of Snowpeak. We spread around the world, as he wanted. That’s when we were baptized by the world as The Six Sages.
– Is that also when you settled in the Sage’s Forest?
– I wanted to be close to him. I’m the youngest one, so he used to spoil me more than I’d like to admit. It’s one of the reasons why I used to fight with Shamsheel so much. She said I was monopolizing him.
Ever was pretty spoiled when I first started living at the Sage’s Palace.
Does she see me as a shadow of the Creator?
– Moments before he passed away, he left us one last order. Something simple.
“I want you to live your lives freely”
– It’s why I travel around the world in the Thundercloud Boat. There are unexplored areas, enemies yet to see, and experiences to be lived. I want to gather as many anecdotes as possible, in case I happen to find him in the afterlife. (Rifaiv)
– I… Wanted to. Laze around. And so. I did. Kouya-san complains. A lot and hits me. He says I should. Work. Can you tell him. To stop? (Milligan)
– It was supposed to be a secret between Shamsheel and me, but I guess Ernika found out somehow. (Ever)
– The research on skills?
Recent events have made us realize that we know next to nothing about skills or levels.
What is the voice that Roar and I heard? It’s still a mystery.
– We had an ulterior motive. We wanted to see if we could bring the Creator back to life.
– So it was you who froze him?
– Well, if I burned him to ashes it would be impossible to revive him… Right?
At this point, I can’t discard the possibility.
The Creator himself was able to give life to the sages. There could be a skill hidden somewhere with the power to revive someone.
– Fast-forward to now, Ernika found out and Shamsheel is dead. We have no way of knowing what Ernika’s motivations were.
I wonder if Kouya knows anything about it. I haven’t been able to talk to him properly yet.
– So, what are you going to do? Are you going to carry on with the research? (Takaya)
– …No. (Ever)
Clear and calm response.
– I realized I would be intruding in a world that I should not get close to. Seeing that girl’s… mutation… made me realize my mistake. I don’t want to risk the Creator becoming something like that.
– I think that’s the right choice.
Wherever he is, the Creator is resting peacefully.
– Takaya, there’s something I need to tell you. (Ever)
Just when I thought we were done, huh.
– Is it perhaps, by any chance, good news?
– Take a wild guess.
– What is it?
– Your ex-friends have escaped from my basement.
– It’s the worst news you could’ve given me. Thank you.
And, as always, my classmates find a way to come back into my life.
– My magic lost its effect when I became a shield. But don’t worry. I will protect you at any cost. It’s not an exaggeration to say that you’re my new Creator.
– I don’t think they’ll be stupid enough to attack me.
After the horror that they went through I can’t imagine them taking revenge.
– I really can’t get bored in this world…
Comments for chapter "Chapter 270"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.