Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 44
“Chapter 44: The Melancholy of the Shimmering Succubus Leader Mumuruu. Part 2”
Mumuruu could only stare at the spear lying on the floor.
– Hm? What’s wrong, Mistress? Don’t tell me you’ve forgotten how to-
The maid Letty turned around and saw Mumuruu’s petrified face.
In fact, her face was starting to turn blue.
And then, the demonic spear came into Letty’s field of view.
– W-W-WHT-HAHTHWTHTHAWHTHWATHTWHWHAHTWHAT DO WE DO!?!? LETTY! WHAT DO WE DO WHAT DO WE DO WHAT DO WE DO!? I PICKED IT UP AND IT JUST BROKE IN HALF! AAAAAAAAHHHH!
Letty was in complete disbelief. Deep down she was hoping Mumuruu was playing some sick joke on her.
But Mumuruu was freaking out too much for it to be a joke.
– It’s broken…
The famous demonic spear, the weapon that had brought unimaginable power to so many members of Mumuruu’s generations. It was just lying on the floor.
It might be too late to once again reconsider whether this is actually a joke.
– WHAT are we going TO DO!? I have to go back to duty soon! How am I gonna deal with all the idiots there!? Hey, pal, stop messing around, fix yourself or something!
In addition to being dangerously sharp, the Trident of Darkness also had a magical effect that considerably increased the power of dark magic used by its wielder.
This was the reason why the Succubus clan, and thus Mumuruu, was able to rise to be one of the Four Fiendish Guardians.
– Aaahhh, this is bad. This is terrible. I can already hear it. “Oh, so the real Succubus leader was actually the spear after all, huh”
– Well maybe you should’ve treated it better!
It doesn’t matter how sharp a weapon is, if you don’t take care of it, it just becomes a rust collector.
– Okay, relax. We just have to get it fixed. Fortunately, we have a blacksmith here in the castle.
– R-Right! Let’s go then. If father finds out I’m not gonna hear the end of it. And if dear mother finds out I’m not gonna hear ever again.
Mumuruu’s mother, the previous Succubus leader, retired and gave her position to her daughter, but she was still as powerful as ever.
If she finds out her precious Trident of Darkness broke, who knows what she’ll do to Mumuruu.
The spear had to be fixed as soon as possible.
They had a month. Plenty of time.
But their optimism was quickly crushed.
– Huh!? What do you mean!?
Mumuruu couldn’t believe her ears.
All the demon races had their characteristic weapons. Swords, spears, hammers, bows. They all hire the highest-level blacksmiths to take care of them.
Normally, hers should be at the castle, so Mumuruu sent Letty to look for the blacksmith.
– His workshop should be there, but it’s not. The place is vacant. Vanished with no traces.
– Don’t tell me…
– He was lured away.
There are way fewer people with crafting abilities than combat abilities.
Especially in the demon world, where most demons are born to battle.
Which is why the most powerful demons try to gather as many skilled blacksmiths as possible.
Of course, they’re paid very well. Mumuruu’s blacksmith was no exception.
But he was probably offered more money to leave. Demons follow their desires. If they’re offered a slightly bigger carrot than the one they’re eating, they’ll take it without doubting.
– What now!? We have to do something, or we’ll end up with only one finger each! (Mumuruu)
Mumuruu was the one who broke the spear, but Letty will be found guilty too for neglecting her duties.
Of course, if possible they’d like to keep all their fingers intact.
With that in mind, Letty came up with an idea.
– Mistress, let’s go to the human world. We have to find a human capable of forging a spear just as powerful as the Trident of Darkness.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 44"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.