Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 47
“Chapter 47: Takaya’s Fort”
– I’m not skilled enough to make a new spear, and attempting to repair it will only do so much. But I have an idea for some first aid.
I took the sky blue crystal out of my backpack. It was still shining as vividly as when Mike first found it.
– Takaya, I know you fiddled with that during your training, but you weren’t even able to mold it. What do you expect to do? (Ever)
– You see… When you heat up a Heaven Jewel, it becomes slushy and sticky. Conversely, if you freeze it, it becomes incredibly hard, but if you hold it, it’s as light as a feather. An incredible mineral.
I didn’t have a habit of tinkering with crystals, but the Heaven Jewel was an exception.
Even if you heat it up, it returns to its original form once it cools down. I’ve tried cutting it with Silver but it just repairs itself.
It’s both fragile and hard.
Shape memory alloy was a thing back in my previous world, but the Heaven Jewel is more like a Shape revival alloy. It doesn’t matter what you do, it comes back to its original form. It would be a nightmare to make a sword or spear out of this.
But that’s not my plan.
– Rudra-san, is there a furnace around? I’d like to get started as soon as possible.
– In Bay Road, we import most of our weapons. I don’t think you’ll find any blacksmithing workshops close by.
– Then let’s go to the Ever’s palace.
– No need for that.
Feria smiled at me.
– I told you, we made preparations while you were away. Rudra, the key.
I received a silver key.
– What is this?
– We built a fort for you under the guild.
× × ×
After Takaya left to train with Ever, Feria and Rudra went to different banks and merchant guilds asking for “favors”.
Favors, also known as money.
With the scope of abilities that Takaya could have once he reaches Level IX, Rudra knew an investment like this would be necessary. At first, the idea was to let him go on adventures with Meirir and get money slowly but surely while he developed himself.
But Ever set her eyes on Takaya. She was very clear on how special he was.
The Sage of the Forest herself was training Takaya. He was bound to quickly become a splendid creator.
For Rudra and Feria, Takaya was almost like a son.
Searat is not a profitable guild. And that’s a mild way to put it. Of course, they’d like to pay their members as much as possible, but it’s just not feasible. Feria and Rudra themselves might look like they’re loaded in money but they live a pretty modest life.
If Takaya found out about it, he would just nod and keep working without care. He would keep smiling just like he did at his welcome party.
As long as he’s able to spend time with everyone, he’ll be happy.
But that’s not the future Rudra wants for him.
He was the one who told Takaya to show his previous friends how much he could grow.
Then, wasn’t it Rudra’s job to help his son? Otherwise, he would just be leeching off of Takaya.
So Rudra and Feria bowed their head multiple times to ask for money.
A furnace to produce the best weapons, a high-quality hammer and anvil, tools to research and develop medicines, tons of ingredients to choose from, plenty of space to work in. Rudra worked hard to make a place that Takaya could use as a workshop.
Takaya, the boy that once had the eyes of a dead fish, was now elated looking at his new toy. Rudra and Feria shook hands behind his back.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 47"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.