Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 166
“Chapter 166: Broken Heart”
The moment she touched Moonflower, Akane realized that she, and everyone else involved in this, had made a huge mistake.
– Wait, no!
“You are unworthy”
A voice resounded in Akane’s head, as all the heat from her body vanished.
The fierce and burning Oni descendant filled with animosity was now crawling on her knees while shaking.
– You decided to use an illusion. It was the right decision. You’re weak, so you tried to make up for your shortcomings. It’s been like that for a long time.
– A long… time?
As far as they knew, Akane’s parents were the first ones to ever attempt this.
Even Fuji’s parents had been strictly reluctant to confront Moonflower.
“What a bunch of cowards”, Akane and her parents thought.
– It’s not my time yet. I have things to do. I need strength and wisdom to fulfill my objectives. You’re not what I’m looking for.
It was then that Akane realized.
Fuji, a moon maiden, used to be the most powerful person on the island. Just like her maiden predecessor. And they weren’t able to deal with Moonflower.
But the newer generations couldn’t understand that, which is what led to this.
– M-Moonflower, please… I’m t-truly sorry. Please forgive us. W-We made a mistake. Please…
Akane, who merely touched the blade, was trembling in both cold and fear apologizing to Moonflower.
– I won’t. You must pay the price of attempting to deceive me.
She couldn’t see what was happening, as her knees and forehead were glued to the ground, but she heard a metallic sound.
– Dad, mom, I’ve failed you. I’ve failed everyone.
Akane saw two shadows being cast from above her.
“We’re so sorry” were the last words she heard before falling unconscious.
– And that’s our story. We lost our legs and arms, and Rokurou lost his voice, but Akane was saved. Although she’s not as strong as she used to be.
All this time that I’ve known her, Akane has been blaming herself for this incident.
She’s probably thinking “If only I had been stronger. If only I hadn’t been such a failure”.
Her heart has been broken this entire time.
– Do you get it now? I’m not like you. I can use some fire and get by with a katana, but that’s it. I am nowhere near your level. Just forget-
– NO! STOP IT!
– …! …!? …!
Moonlight has been talking in my mind for a bit, but I’m not paying attention.
– So what if you’re weak!? What if you failed!? Who cares! I didn’t come to this island looking for someone strong, I came here looking for you!
I took out Moonlight from a scarlet sheath I made.
– Would you please use this sword? For me?
Comments for chapter "Chapter 166"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.