Another World Awakening Transcendental Create Skill - Chapter 209
“Chapter 209: Token of an Acquaintance”
– I think that’s enough talk. We have to start making dinner. Harold, come on, we have guests.
Harold stared daggers at me while getting up from the sofa.
– Honey, I’m sure you’re tired. You can let me cook. (Harold)
– You just want to hold the knife, right?
– O-Of course not!
Like mother like child. Meari is just as scary as Meirir.
– I’m… Sorry? I guess this is my fault in a way. (Takaya)
– If you have time to apologize then at least help out. You’re a blacksmith, right?
Harold pointed at the farm tools in the corner of the room.
Sickles, hoes, plows, and other stuff.
– They’re pretty beat up. (Harold)
– We can’t really afford to buy new ones. (Meari)
From a glance it’s obvious they’ve been carefully handled, but everything has a durability limit (With some exceptions)
– Regular iron, huh? Would you like me to fix them, Harold-san?
– Can you?
– Of course! Akane-san.
– I’ll help you out.
– Thank you. This is something basic. Just adding some magic to prolong its usage.
– Magic? (Harold)
I’ll leave the explanation for later. I don’t think he’d understand even if I tried my best to break it down.
I’ll start from the smallest ones. Most of the tools just lost their sharpness.
My arms hurt just thinking about having to use these things.
– You don’t seem to be doing anything… (Harold)
– Well, it’s something pretty basic.
Sharpening a tool is something even the most basic mages could do.
But here’s the tricky part.
– Here, now it should be easier to handle.
I handed Harold the sickle I just worked on.
– Hmm… I guess it looks better than before.
– Would you like to try it out?
I grabbed a piece of wood nearby that was probably used for the pitfall.
– Please drop the sickle. Don’t put too much strength on it.
– Drop it? How sharp do you think this thing got?
The sickle cut cleanly through the wood without any inconvenience.
– Takaya… What did you do to this thing?
– I just sharpened it… Is what I’d like to say, but I used some mithrio from an acquaintance to enhance-Ow!?
Akane hit the back of my head.
I just had to repair the tools. A basic task. But I think I overdid it.
This isn’t a tool anymore, it’s a weapon. It’s too dangerous for a farmer to have it.
– Sorry, he can be such an idiot sometimes. We’ll make sure to compensate you. (Akane)
– D-Don’t worry, it’s fine…
Okay, I definitely overdid it.
It’s good to gain experience from work, but this wasn’t really the time.
– Hehe, what do you think, dad? He’s kind of a big deal. And guess who found him? Yeah, I did. Come on, praise me. (Meirir)
– Sis, you’re so cool! (Lyld)
– Cool! (Myirin)
Meari asked me to repair some of the knives, but Akane ended up working on that.
Comments for chapter "Chapter 209"
Support Fan’s Translations
Note: Individual translators usually have their own ko-fi buttons.